Minimum Admission Qualification
Pass in matric or equivalent exam
Admission is granted through online counselling as conducted by State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training Punjab, Chandigarh usually in the month of May every year.
Area of Training
- Acquistion of (Print & Non Print) reading material.
- Technical Processing.
- Reference Service.
- Shelf Arrangement & Book Display.
- Stock verification & Rectification Book Bank Service.
- Procurment of furniture.
- Equipment, Material etc.
- Preservation and care of books.
- Statics and report writing and correspondence relating library.
- Application of Computers.
- Serial Control & Bibliography.
- With B.A. /B Sc. Qualification.
- Eligible for Bachelor's Master's Degree in Library Science from various Universities as a regular student or through correspondence after having 3 year’s experience of working in a Library.
- Assistant librarians in private & govt. schools and polytechnics and Colleges.
- Technical Assistants.
- Junior Programmers & information assistants in computer centers and different industries organisations.
- Self-employment by opening circulation libraries, Information packaging units and marketing of journals and books.